Sunday, August 12, 2007

In today's NYTimes, Woody Allen has a piece on Bergman, which is uncharacteristically unfunny. And Martin Scorsese has a piece on Antonioni, which includes a passage that echoes my sentiments from last weekend about the superiority of challenging work:

"I loved Fellini’s pictures and I admired “La Dolce Vita,” but I was challenged by “L’Avventura.” Fellini’s film moved me and entertained me, but Antonioni’s film changed my perception of cinema, and the world around me, and made both seem limitless."

In other super important art news, 50cent says he'll quit solo rapping if Kanye West outsells him. I'm with Weiss, even though I abhor the idea of actually purchasing music, I might just spend money on the new Kanye in order to put Curtis out of business.

& finally...

Here's the work of Amy Ross, who attended the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, earned a BA in Religious Studies from Connecticut College, and a MA in Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School:

Birdshroom 22


SheWolf Series 8


Goat Morel