Sunday, December 18, 2005


It's hard to write a blog. I mean, who's my audience? Who will see this? Am I writing for everyone in my life from my folks to my brother to my friends to my students to my therapist? Am I writing this for strange men in dark rooms to surf upon? For young girls with Brittany Spears posters on their walls? I suppose it's a challenge: to figure out a neutral voice compatible with being as truthful as possible, while at the same time accommodating multiple audiences.

I'm suppose to be working on a christmas present right now involving pictures, but I've been sidetracked by this blog thing. It's like a private diary on public exhibition. I'm three months shy of twenty-eight years old and I've never had a blog. I mean, what am I suppose to use it for? Should I dedicate it to literary studies? Should I make it funny or serious or both? Should I tell secrets? Should I tell stories?