Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Year That Ended With Sickness

For me it was a sinus infection, a respiratory infection, a headache like a hangover, and a doctor with a grumpy demeanor commanding me to give up cigarettes once and for all.

Surprisingly, it's midnight and I'm nowhere near tired. I guess I'll try to finish reading Italo Calvino's If on a winter's night a traveler... which is only the first of four books I planned to read over the break, which is the first book I'll be teaching in my ENG 101 class starting in a couple of weeks. After that, I have to re-read Jeanette Winterson's Written on the Body, a book that I think is just super lyrically fantastically beautiful. If I can get those two out of the way in the next two weeks (which is hypothetically do-able) then I'll be copping it sweet for at least the first 7 weeks of class.