Friday, January 06, 2006


Today my mom brought my brother and his cat, Miike (pronounced: ME-KAY), back from their stay at my folks’ place. We ate dinner together, got some groceries, and ended the evening playing a game of Scrabble wherein my brother and mom fought over the validity of the word Filo vs. Philo. It was a good time.

In other news, my phone situation has greatly improved: new phone! Now the problem is finally solved, but I haven’t called anyone yet, nor has anyone called. And I can't figure out how to work the voicemail. Tomorrow I must get a haircut.

PLUS tomorrow is C.S.P.’s birthday. Inching his way ever closer to thirty.

Talked to doctor K.P. (I use the term doctor…symbolically) not so long ago and just the other day I got a nice follow-up email, which got me thinking about how I was thinking about cyclical natures. How life is just a repetition. A repetition. I thought about the heart. Gets me wishing I were teaching an entire class on Kundera’s Unbearable Lightness of Being. Eternal reoccurrence and all that. I can’t wait until the end of the semester, when my ENG 101 class gets to tackle it.

Bonsoir from Lincoln, where a single green chair sits on my back deck looking like a parrot without a mate.