Saturday, March 10, 2007


Yesterday my girlfriend and I went to see 300 at the IMAX. I'd been itching for its release because the trailers made it look so astounding. The visuals did not disappoint. It could be accurately described as a massacre ballet. Each shot seemed meticulously choreographed and lit with the keen eye of CGI. It was very enjoyable eye-candy. I have no qualms admitting it.

Speaking of things that are enjoyable, my friends at The Cupboard have gone lo-fi. It is still a fantastic pamphlet filled with exciting prose - the opening piece begins:

"Switzerland is full of prehistoric America."

The only difference is that now you don't have to have a black belt in origami to be able to read it. Go visit and enjoy at will.

I leave you with the Cryptozoology of Walmor CorrĂȘa: