Wednesday, December 03, 2008



Thanks to Josh for pointing out this amazing book sale Dalkey is running until the 10th of December. I decided to treat myself to a little end-of-the-quarter reward:


The Bathroom - Jean-Philippe Toussaint
Tripticks - Ann Quin
Century 21 - Ewa Kuryluk
The First Book of Grabinoulor - Pierre Albert-Birot
Putting My Foot in It - Rene Crevel
Theory of Prose - Viktor Shklovsky
Pigeon Post - Dumitru Tsepeneag
Man in the Holocene - Max Frisch
Makbara - Juan Goytisolo
Log of the S.S. The Mrs Unguentine - Stanley Crawford


When this package arrives I am going to knife the ceiling.



*


Katherine Ace received her BA in Ceramics and Painting from Knox College:


BETE NOIRE
(2008)



RIDING THE WAVES
(2008)



THEN SOMEHOW LOVE
(2008)




*



"Can Movies Think?"

by

Kent Jones




*



Go here to hear Shannon Hardwick read her poetry...I especially enjoyed "Your Household Plants."



*



Today was truly the day of indulgences. I also picked up a six-month subscription to ML Press. If you see the list of upcoming titles/authors you will understand why I had to commit - and why you should, too!



*



Three music videos for the French-Canadian band Tricot Machine:



"Mars"





"Les peaux de lièvres"





"L'ours"