Thursday, February 09, 2006



The Fall 2006 Fashion Week in New York City ends tomorrow. Perhaps I’ll do a second update over the weekend, once all the photos are in from all the runway shows. As of now, it seems that black is the new black and creativity is out. Many of the designers I’ve come to admire presented, in my opinion, lackluster collections. I’m not too super thrilled about anyone’s whole line, maybe a few pieces here and there, but nothing like how I felt about Oscar de la Renta last year or Chloé the year before. And for the most part, I’ve found more interesting work from designers whom I’ve not been previously acquainted. So I’ve chosen to highlight three designers who used color other than black, that I’d either never paid attention to or never heard of:

Badgley Mischka



Anna Sui




Alexandre Herchcovitch