Friday, September 08, 2006

British guerilla artist Banksy doctored 500 copies of Paris Hilton’s debut album in 48 record shops across the UK.

Below are two examples, but click here to read the BBC News article about it, click here to watch a video of him doing the deed.



Although I usually try to avoid the art of politics, last week Keith Olbermann at MSNBC gave a brilliant - underline it, brilliant - commentary in response to Rumsfeld's recent "fascism" comments. Click here to watch the video and/or read the transcript, which begins, "The man who sees absolutes, where all other men see nuances and shades of meaning, is either a prophet, or a quack."

High five, Keith Olbermann.

Speaking of prophets or quacks, those folks at Steorn who claim to have developed a technology that produces free, clean and constant energy, have now moved into Phase One. Will it turn out to be the greatest scientific achievement since the invention of the wheel? Or will it turn out to be a hoax? Who knows?

But what I do know is that my friends over at the supercool literary pamphlet called The Cupboard are looking for submissions, specifically for biographies between 1 and 700 words of any individual you feel other people should know more about. Obscure musicians? Prominent geologists? The Cupboard knows none. Yet.

Go check it out, get on the mailing list, and print out the current pamphlet to distribute in your city!

Here’s a snippet from a piece in Vol.4 called “I Brought My Dead Grandma to the Prom”:

"We stood at Katie’s door, Grandma and me. I had a corsage in a plastic box. Grandma had a Tupperware of lutefisk. I smelled like Dad’s Drakkar Noir. Grandma still smelled like formaldehyde. Katie opened the door. She screamed. She had been to Grandma’s funeral.
Katie looked great. I smiled. I could feel the cold air from the AC."