Monday, July 31, 2006

Bubble Wrap


Little Bunny Foo Foo


Today I share with you the work of my friend Cecilia Johnson, who has just returned to Columbus after recently braving the wilds of Manhattan. Like me, she is a film school graduate - but whereas most people are generally, and appropriately, impressed when meeting a graduate from her prestigious institution (NYU) they inevitably respond to my alma mater (UNLV) with the always charming, “Oh, really? I didn’t know they had a film school in Las Vegas.” Nevertheless, she is a kindred spirit.

And not only do we share the stripes of a cinema past, she also constructs fiction, and is currently working on a novella that sounds passionately magical. Last month she received her MFA in Fiction from the Ohio State University, where she also served as fiction editor of The Journal.

Visit her spot to see more paintings and read some of her stories: Down the Rabbit Hole