Thursday, March 09, 2006



I woke up with the distinct feeling that today would be a bust.

First thing I did was go to the donut shop for a glazed and a coffee, then I came home and read the first 40 pages of Sam Lipsyte’s The Subject Steve, one of the books I got for fun last weekend. Then I listened to a couple podcast episodes of The Ricky Gervais Show with my brother, which made me laugh so hard I literally feared I might choke. Then I ate some Japanese noodles heavily drenched in soy sauce and went back to bed.

Thursday is my free day.

This evening I read an email from E. and wrote her back. It seems we may finally be meeting up face to face for the first time since our goodbye three years ago in Africa. At present, we're working out the details of such a meeting.

I've just returned from seeing Sarah Silverman’s Jesus is Magic. It was offensive, yes, but not outlandishly. Perhaps that means I'm completely desensitized...? I hope not. I guess I saw most of it as social commentary, not like she was trying to have a go with certain groups of people, but more like she was attempting to direct our attention toward ourselves - especially considering all her nods at narcissism.