Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Airplane
(2006)


Fahrenheit 451
(2006)


Goodbye ol Friend
(2006)


illustrations by
Julia Sonmi Heglund


C.S.P. turned me on to the Fahrenheit 451 image via Threadless, a wicked cool clothing company that offers the image on a t-shirt. I’ve since come to find out that Heglund is a young and beautiful art student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She also makes music, which you can hear here.

Since it's the end of the school year, I figured I would pass along two funny commencement speeches.

The first is David Foster Wallace speaking to Kenyon College in 2005:

Greetings ["parents"?] and congratulations to Kenyon's graduating class of 2005. There are these two young fish swimming along and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says "Morning, boys. How's the water?" And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes "What the hell is water?"...more

The second is Ali G. speaking to Harvard University in 2004:

"First of all, I iz got to say I iz a bit nervous speakin to so many of you - at least me would be if I weren't totally mashed. Normally de only public-speaking I does is to 12 people - and it's well easy all me has to say iz me name and de words 'not guilty'....more