Thursday, June 01, 2006

It pains me to point out that Thom Yorke looks like Clay Aiken in this photo, but he does, doesn't he? --->

If you want to hear a few samples from his yet-to-be-released solo album entitled The Eraser, you can click here or here.

I've listened to maybe five or six of the tracks and I have to admit I'm not thrilled. For one thing, he's enunciating way too clearly. I could make out most of what he's saying and that, to me, takes away from the beauty of the music. Plus, this solo album seems to lack the polyphonic cacophony that Radiohead always achieves, even when they're trying to be quiet or subtle. But my jury must remain out until I hear the entire thing, I suppose.

Here are four shots from fashion photographer Cleo Sullivan:









* yes, that's Audrey Tautou standing on a giant ice cube with fish inside